Universität Fribourg Université de Fribourg Suisse | Universität Freiburg Schweiz Course offerings


Mobility stay at another university

As student of the University of Fribourg, you have the possibility to complete your study path with a mobility stay at a Swiss or a foreign University.


Take part in a mobility stay while being enrolled and obtaining your diploma (Bachelor, Master, PhD) at the University of Fribourg. It gives you the opportunity to complete your education and widen the scientific approaches of your study field.

  • Partnership agreement or inter university one
  • Be enrolled at the University of Fribourg
  • Pay the taxes/fees at the University of Fribourg
  • Accomplished already 2 semesters and acquired at least 60 ECTS credits
  • Fulfil the specific conditions of your faculty/department
  • Get the consent of your mobility coordinator / student advisor
  • Fulfil the specific conditions of the partner University (for e.g. sufficient language knowledge / level)

Would you like to know where to go? Please consult the search engine of the International relations office (IRO) (available in French or German), enter your field of study and level.

Where can you get additional information?

More information on the IRO website.

Take part in information sessions organised at the beginning of each semester.

Mobility Stay at the University of Fribourg
At Bachelor-Master level

Are you interested to study one or two semesters as a student at the University of Fribourg?


You study in Switzerland


You have different possibilities:

  • If you study at a university or a Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, you can study one or two semesters at the University of Fribourg
  • If you study in Berne or Neuchâtel, you can follow punctual lessons, if there is an agreement in your study field

In both cases, please register at your university.

  • If you want to follow a limited number of courses or study your minor, you will find more information and procedures on «Admission».


You study Abroad


Please find out on at the international relations office or mobility office of your university if there is an agreement between the two universities. If there is one, do the necessary steps to get a mobility stay at the University of Fribourg.

At PhD / post PhD level

Are you interested in a research stay as a PhD / post PhD student at the University of Fribourg in the framework of your study outside Switzerland? You have two possibilities to apply for a scholarship:


For more information, please consult the IRO website site. If you still have questions, contact the office by phone or email or pass by the office during opening hours:

Campus Miséricorde, Office 4059 B
international-outgoing[at]unifr.ch / international-incoming[at]unifr.ch +41(0)26 300 70 47

Opening hours (reception): Monday: 11.00 – 13.00; Wednesday: 12.00 – 14.00

or during inter-semester: Monday: 10.00 – 12.00

Reachable by phone: Monday: 14.00 - 17.00; Tuesday: 8.45 - 11.45; Wednesday: 8.45 - 11.45 & 14.00 - 17.00; Friday: 8.45 - 11.45